It’s highly competitive in today’s digital business climate. You need to attract, serve and satisfy more digital customers as the key to success and increasing revenue. Happy customers are more loyal, coming back to you again and referring you via social networks and word of mouth.
It’s a challenge to keep that loyalty. Recent research shows that as many as 90% of the digital customers will simply leave after just one single bad experience. The experience delivered has to be not only great … it needs also to be consistent over time.
Investing in user experience is a major differentiator in the digital market today as 86% are willing to pay more to get a better experience.
We have identified four key digital business challenges:
1. How to get more visitors to the website
2. How to get more visitors to stay on the site longer
3. How to get more visitors converted to leads
4. How to convert leads into recurring customers.
With so many websites offering similar products, services, packages and formats, it is hard to stand out from the crowd. Why should customers choose your site? And if they decide to visit your site, between 70% and 80% of them will leave the site without having had any interaction.
That’s potential money not reaching your pocket.
Is there something a website owner can do to meet the challenges and become more successful and profitable?
Yes, there is. Allow me to explain.
- Customers have never been more impatient than they are today. This especially applies to when they go online. Make sure your website loads fast enough and all crucial info can be found within first 10 seconds. Do not lose that potential customer.
Solution: use reliable hosting, make sure your home page is designed to serve your target customers’ needs and not the general public.
- There is only one way to get more target visitors to your website: create a digital foundation and processes.
Solution: the foundation includes all your digital assets and marketing channels: website, email campaign, social media, paid advertising and SEO. The processes include content strategy, marketing strategy, analytics, website design and adding new features to bring more value to site visitors.
- Given that the majority of website visitors enter the site with only a rough idea of what they need, they are incredibly impressionable. You need to make the right first impression before they have a chance to click away. Do not lose them.
Solution: know your users, ask them about their experience and tweak your website accordingly. Have a prominent “call-to-action” element on your landing page. Test changes and analyze your visitors’ behavior.
- Statistics say that about 60% of customers are often left on their own to wait or seek help.
Solution: make sure your contact info is easily accessible at any moment. Respond to requests promptly. For some cases live chat can be an effective tool to talk to your customers for sales and support.
Some of the examples above might sound simple … but sometimes simple is what is most efficient and will get the best results. Based on real client implementations, below are some of the results we have seen coming from the right digital solutions:
- 120% increase in overall traffic
- 26% sales uplift
- 43% uplift in customers having a positive outlook on the website
- 88% uplift in referrals.
Today more than ever before, the success of a business depends on being able to offer a customer experience that is unique and more attractive than the competition – an experience that empowers customers so that they can decide the best way to interact with the website.
Simply put, every contact opportunity should deliver exactly what the customer wants, when they want it. This needs to be delivered consistently through all of the digital channels – web, mobile and social media.
In today’s changing business world, learning more about how to grow and maintain your customer base is of great value. Make sure that you are seizing every opportunity!